21 December 2015

Blogmas day 20: "You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god's sake!" - Iris, The Holiday

Halloooo!!

As promised, the second post. Well, today's blogmas post. I was too lazy yesterday... *guilty face*.

In contrast with my day yesterday I didn't leave the house today. Doesn't mean I haven't been productive! I had a little lie in, wrote blogmas day 19 which was live around 1pm. Had finally my breakfast, well lunch. After that I cleaned the bathroom and took a bath. Then I put on the washing machine and changed the bedding on my bed (obvs). And theeeeeen I catched up on vlogmasses. Did some browsing on Pottermore.com, instagram, IMDb, ... It was pouring rain outside, so it was extra cosy in my room ^^

I had dinner around 5pm whilst I was watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I was really in a Christmas spirit today. After HP it was another movietime! The Holiday! Just like Love Actually, this is a Christmas movie you just HAVE to see in December. At least once if not more! I'm still full of the fuzy feels this movie brings ^^

The house Iris lives in, Rosehill cottage, is a house I definitely see myself living in. Wood, country, tranquility, maybe add a bit of tartan,..


For those who haven't seen The Holiday yet, here's a little synopsis and 'review'.

The Holiday

2006
Director: Nancy Meyers
Cast: Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black, Eli Wallach...
Lenght: 138min= 1h 18min
Music: Hans Zimmer
Genre: Comedy, romance

Amanda (Cameron Diaz) is a succesfull business woman living in L.A. She just discovered that her boyfriend was been cheating on her and she rightfully ends the relationship. Meanwhile, Iris (Kate Winslet), who is living in London, tries desperately to get over her ex-boyfriend. Both women decide to swap houses during Christmas break to get away from their day to day live. Little do they know that they'd both meet local men, and yes, guess what happens?

Just like Love Actually, this movie is an instant Christmas movie classic. The combination Kate Winslet - Jack Black and Jude Law - Cameron Diaz simply works. 4 splendid actors set in this Christmas tale with a very relatable subject. The casting director did one tremendous job. Also the story line Iris - Arthur is beyond heart warming. Sadly Eli Wallach who plays Arthur is no longer with us.

One thing makes this movie incredibly enjoyable, for me anyway, is the fact that they talk about movies and scores a lot. Eli's charachter was a writer and Jack's charachter is a score composer. There are all these links and hints to movies and oooh, it's just bliss.

The script is absolutely superb and that in comination with the cast, score and directing,... Nancy, you go girl! There are so many lines you can just quote on top of your head: "You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god's sake!", "So, he's a schmuck.", "I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life", "Iris, if you were a melody...", "Call me old fashioned but one doesn't have sex with women who are unconscious.", "It's Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive", "But I think what I've got is something slightly resembling, gumption!"

If you're looking for a feel good movie where you don't have to think too much but are still looking for proper content: the Holiday is your movie.

As per usual I'll leave the trailer and an interview below ^^

Trailer


Interview


And that is it for this Sunday day 20 of blogmas. Can't believe only 4days left til Christmas!

Thanks for reading!
 xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...