27 August 2014

My own Harry Potter tour, ROTPOTA, Daniel Radcliffe and the Maze Runner

Halloooooooo!!!

I hope you are all excited for this weeks blog post! My apologies for the length of this one, but I'm just too excited because I have to admit, I've had an awesome week! Saturday was tour day. On Monday I saw Daniel Radcliffe and on Friday I had the AMAZING opportunity to go to the screening of The Maze Runner!

But first: HERE IS A VIDEO!!!!!! Enjoy ^^


My very own Harry Potter film location tour
I feel very proud about the fact that I organized it all by myself. A 2 hours tour in London that leads you from place to place where a couple of scenes from the Harry Potter movies were shot! (I am back in a Harry Potter fase, if you hadn't noticed already) To be honest, I did 3 hours over the entire thing, but you know, when you discover new places in London, you have to take your time to explore. A couple of places are familiar though :)

But first I had a very lovely lunch on Leicester Square with a coffee and a raspberry and white chocolate muffin. The little kids playing with the little fountains around William Shakespeare's statue were just too adorable. It felt like I was right back home. Considering how much time I spent on that square when I worked at RDP.

Leicester Square with the fountains going crazy
My tour started at Piccadilly, but I still can't find the exact spot where they shot...
But what I did found was this on Great Scotland Yard: AWESOME. The pictures at the bottom are mine, obviously. It is not like Rupert Grint hangs around all day on Great Scotland Yard for tourists x)




Cecil Court inspired Diagon Alley. They have the cutest stores there. Mostly book shops, so you can imagine I spent more than a couple of minutes browsing one of the shops...


On Great Newport Street is this little gateway, that is the entrance to Diagon Alley if anyone has payed any attention at the beginning of the 6th movie.


Entrance to Diagon Alley in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 

The Lincoln's Inn Fields was used for the exterior shots on Grimmauld place.

Obviously not this building, but the square (you can see the square in my video FYI)
But apparently this is incorrect and they used Claremont Square, Islington instead. Which makes sense, if I may belief Google Streetview. I guess I'll be stopping by there too in the future.

The Australian House was the interior set for Gringotts Wizarding Bank.


All the way to the Millennium Bridge, which was destroyed in the 6th movies as well.


Millennium Bridge destroyed in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
After Millenium Bridge, I made my way to Borough Market where the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron of the 3th movie is supposed to be. It is a Market below the railway that leads to Cannon Street and London Bridge. Pretty cool market I have to say :)

Couldn't find the flowershop that was used for the entrance of the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, so instead a shot of the Borough Market roof
After that I crossed the London bridge on my way to Leadenhall Market. I know I know, I've been there already with Molly. But we missed the actually entrance to the Leaky Cauldron whilst we were there back then!



I found it !!!!!!
ROTPOTA
After this very very lovely Saturday, I went home to eat dinner and watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes (ROTPOTA). If you follow me on Twitter or perhaps if you have seen on the Twitter side bar on my blog (if not, feel free to scroll down), you know how amazed I was with the entire motion picture. You can expect a #movietime blog post some time in the future!

Source: loyalkng.com

Andy Serkis takes motion capture to a whole new level with his performance of Caesar. Just breath taking. Now I am very excited to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It is so unfortunate that going to the cinema is so bloody expensive.

Meet the actor: Daniel Radcliffe
Monday was a very exciting day. I even had a post-it on my computer reminding me about the very exciting event that was taking place just a couple of metres from the Media Circus office.
So I wouldn't forget
The Apple store on Regent Street apparently organizes often these sort of events: "Meet the ..." In this case it was "Meet the actor: Daniel Radcliffe". As you all know (because I told you in the previous blog post, if you've missed it, you can read it here) on 12th August was the movie premiere of What If, the new movie starring Daniel Radcliffe. (It's in UK cinemas right now, if anyone is interested)

On Monday, he was in the Apple store to talk about the new movie. About how he relates to the character of Wallace, in which ways Wallace, Harry and he actually look alike, the most awkward scenes to shoot, etc. Because I didn't reserve any place I couldn't pass the black robe that demarcate the event from the store. But I had a really nice chat with one of the employees who had to make sure no one got through without a reservation.

But anyway, I saw Daniel Radcliffe and I could hear a fair amount of what he was saying (although it wasn't always that clear, because of the distance). He is genuinely a funny guy :)


No words needed
The Maze Runner screening!
Friday afternoon, Media Circus sent me to 20th Century Fox to go to The Maze Runner screening. Everyone at MC had already seen the movie at a previous screening, so they managed to let me go instead. I screamed on the inside when I was told I got to go. I saw the trailer when I was working at RDP and it looked damn good, but the release date has been moved twice. The promotion for the movie has started now, so it is official: the movie will be released autumn 2014. UK release is scheduled for 10th October in the UK. In IMAX on the 19th September :)
20th Century Fox twitter page

Because the movie will not be released until the 10th October, I am not going to say a word (I am not allowed to say a word). But you can count on a #movietime post in October! Here is the trailer if I managed to get your attention^^



Alright, I tried to keep it as short as I could, but it turned out quite long anyway. If you made it to the end: well done!

New words: Ignites= combust; leisure= recreation

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...