19 July 2014

It is waaaay too hot

Halloooooo!!

I hope you all enjoy the summer! Here in Belgium, temperatures are getting out of hand. Really. So that is why we all search for things to do to cool off :)

I went to a lake with my sister earlier this week! Enjoy the lovely video first :) 


Het meer van Rotselaar (it's a lake)



This lovely lake is perfect for an afternoon of chilling. The entrance costs about €5 and you can stay as long as you wish!

On Thursday, the temperatures went up to 30°C here in Belgium, so my sister and I decided to go to the lake to cool off. And man it was a lovely lazy Thursday afternoon in the middle of July :)


I read, bathed my feet in the cold water, I listened to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on my iPod, had good chats with my sister and dozed off in the summer heat.

Some of my summer essentials

 
 
1) A good book (or two)
At the moment I am reading "The Devil wears Prada". It was a birthday present from my sister and her boyfriend and they also gave me "Revenge wears prada: the devil returns". But, since it's been 4years since I've read the first book, I have to reread it, because otherwise I can't follow with the sequel.

I am also listening to an audiobook on my iPod. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I never really was a fan of e-readers, now that I have one, I could not live without it. So, why not try an audiobook I thought? But, I didn't chose some random book to listen to. No. I read the first 4 Harry Potter books again and by the time I finished the fourth, I was dreading to read the fifth book. I can't stand that Umbridge women (but who can?) so I always end up super angry and frustrated when I read HP and the Order of the Phoenix. I actually managed to read the book only twice. My other 3 attemps were just hopeless. So now I thought: maybe listening to it will help! And it sure does! Ok, I still get irritated, but not as frustrated as I normally would be :) + I improve my English by listening to Stephen Fr and I can listen to it wilst cooking, driving, cleaning, etc.

2) SUNSCREEN
This is SUPER important! I know you all like to get a tan as soon as possible, but I assure you: you tan wilst being protected by SPF. Your tan lasts even longer when you are tanning with sunscreen on! But, the ideal situation: buy tanning in a bottle. It is the safest way to tan. Your skin stays young and healthy+ you minimalize the chances to skin cancer! This is something people always seem to forget! Be melanoma smart!

3) Water
As the weather is sooooooo warm, you sweat A LOT so you "lose" a lot of fluid. And since water is the main component of the human body, it makes perfect sense to make sure that water is replenished :)

This is what it looks likes!!


I hope you enjoyed reading the blogpost and that you consider going there if the weather gets out of hand again ;) Or any lake/see nearby where you live :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...